Jordana Bermúdez is a freelance documentary photographer and storyteller based in New York.
Her work focusses on women’s issues and gender inequality, including her latest project, Girls Can’t Skate, about the all-female and non-binary skateboarding community in New York City. Having spent her whole life in Mexico, where violence against women and machismo culture are normalized, she wants to amplify the voices of non-binary and women.
She is a graduate of ICP's Documentary Practice and Visual Journalism One-Year Certificate Program and spent years working as a professional photographer in Mexico City.
- Participant - Eddie Adams Workshop XXXIII - 2020 - Recipient of the Bloomberg News Assignment Award
- Group Show - International Center of Photography, New York City, July - 2020
- Graduate - International Center of Photography - Documentary Practice and Visual Journalism - 2020
- Director's Fellowship Recipient - International Center of Photography - Documentary Practice and Visual Journalism - 2019
- Photography Coordinator & Photographer - Gatopardo - Revista Travesías - LOCAL.MX, CDMX, June 2016 – July 2019
- Photographer - Time Out México, CDMX, June 2015 - June 2016