Jordana Bermúdez is a documentary photographer and photo editor based in New York.
Her work focuses on womxn's issues and gender inequality, including her latest project, Girls Can’t Skate, about the all-female and non-binary skateboarding community in New York City. Having spent her whole life in Mexico, where violence against womxn and machismo culture is normalized, she wants to amplify the voices of non-binary and womxn.
She is a graduate of ICP's Documentary Practice and Visual Journalism One-Year Certificate Program and spent years working as a professional photographer in Mexico City.
- Photo Editor at NYC & Company nycgo.com - New York City, April 2021 - Present
- Aint–Bad print issue No. 15 selected artist
- Participant of the 2020 Edited (OKS) Ostkreuzschule für Fotografie tenth series of the former book series New York Edited
- Member of Authority Collective and Diversify Photo
- Participant - Eddie Adams Workshop XXXIII - 2020 - Recipient of the Bloomberg News Assignment Award
- Group Show - International Center of Photography, New York City, July - 2020
- Graduate - International Center of Photography - Documentary Practice and Visual Journalism - 2020
- Director's Fellowship Recipient - International Center of Photography - Documentary Practice and Visual Journalism - 2019
- Photography Coordinator & Photographer - Gatopardo - Revista Travesías - LOCAL.MX- Club Travesías, CDMX, June 2016 – July 2019
- Photographer - Time Out México, CDMX, June 2015 - June 2016